Monday, August 1, 2011

I Hate Cancer!!

I hate cancer -- not so much because I've recently been added to the ever-growing list of people with cancer, but because every time I turn around, it seems, I hear about someone else newly diagnosed -- and sometimes it's people I'm very close to.  Today my cousin David found out he has prostate cancer.  He's a young 47 with two young kids.   Not sure of the treatment for prostate cancer, but I think it's surgery and/or radiation -- no chemo hopefully.   

Is it just me, or does it seem like cancer is much, much more prevalent in the last 20 years, or is it because advances in medical care and detection is picking up more cases than ever before?  Or is there something in our environment or our lifestyles that is causing this?  I know scientists and medical researchers are working on the answers, and hopefully the cure, but I'm impatient, I guess -- I want the answers now!!!   I'm tired of the friends and family I love being affected by this insidious disease. 

As has been the case most every day for the last couple of weeks, I received extra blessings today.  In my mail today was a beautiful daily inspiration book from my sister-in-law Gale (love you, Gale), which I will definitely find inspiration in, I'm sure.  Tonight's supper was a delicious baked ziti from our neighbor, Anita Dobbs, who, being Italian, makes wonderful Italian food from scratch -- not the kind I make out of a jar/package!!!  It was yummy. 


Rachel 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cuz! We are also unsure at this point. While there was urgency to get the initial ultrasound and biopsy completed as soon as possible (even bumping other patients), now that we know that it is on the surface, we're proceeding onto the next round of scans and tests but the rush to get them done has eased up and we seem to be moving forward at a normal pace.

    David

    ReplyDelete