Sunday, July 31, 2011

Losing My Hair One Step at a Time!!

Yesterday I went to my long-time hairdresser and friend, Kala Murdock, for a "pre-chemo" haircut.  I decided to go ahead and cut it short before chemo starts -- for several reasons:  (1)  As a way of transitioning from having hair to having no hair; (2) I figured it would be easier to try on wigs with a minimal amount of hair; (3) Short hair is easier to deal with and definitely less work!!  She cut it pretty short.  I had several people tell me today that they liked it (including Ken when he got home).  It's definitely cooler, and in this heat and humidity that's a good thing -- especially on Wednesday when the forecast is for 100 degrees and we will be moving Jenn back to Auburn. 

One of these days, I'll have to figure out how to import pictures to this blog so I can post a picture of the new 'do. 

One week till I meet with the oncologist -- Monday, August 8.  I'm anxious to find out what the schedule will be.  No sense in postponing the inevitable.  Let's get this show on the road.  The sooner we start, the sooner we will be finished!!


Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment