Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last Move to Auburn - Check!!

Yesterday was an exhausting, but exciting, day.  We helped Jenn officially move back to Auburn for her senior year at Auburn.  This will be her third year in the sorority dorm, so there's been a lot of moving in, moving out, storing boxes, etc., and then moving it all back in (to a different room, of course).  This year, as president of Pi Phi, she gets her own private apartment on the hall.  One bedroom, bath, kitchen and living area all to herself.  Of course, all together it's probably 300 square feet, but it's her own space.  By the time we left there last night, she had it about 98% organized and decorated.  Very cute!  She was more excited, I think, about her new big screen Sony TV for her living room.  Hopefully it won't keep her from her brutal study schedule!!  As much as I dreaded our 7:00 move-in time, and having to leave the house before 5:00 a.m., it actually made for a better move -- especially for Ken and Jenn, as they were the ones doing the heavy lifting and moving.  We were able to get everything inside the dorm by about 8:30 a.m., well before the brutal 99 degree weather/110 heat index later in the day. 

Today I am whipped, though.  I guess I've been sitting on my booty too much the last two weeks.  So, it's off to the pool for me tomorrow.  Got to get my energy level back up.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."


Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment