Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 2 of 1st Chemo

Today I have felt relatively good.  Teresa Sunderland took me back to the cancer center to get my first Neulasta shot.  This is a shot they give to try to help white blood cells regenerate faster than ordinary with the intention of keeping blood counts up.  Apparently the side effects of this shot are muscle aches and feeling kind of like you have the flu.  Instead of treating those side effects with Tylenol and Advil, the oncology nurse told me to get Claritan and take one per day for 5-7 days.  Who knew!!  Day 2 is nearly over, and other than elevated blood sugar levels, I really haven't had any problems.  If my blood sugar gets above 300, though, I am to call their office.  Hopefully, that won't happen.  I do NOT want to have to add insulin shots to my ever-increasing list of drugs.  LOL

On Friday morning on Good Morning America, they debuted the video recently recorded by Martina McBride called "I'm Gonna Love You Through It."  It's about women facing cancer and their caregivers and friends/angels who are there for them.  I have not really cried at all about this diagnosis, but this video definitely touched me and brought me to tears.   Thought y'all might like to see it, too. 



This video expresses my feelings (better than I could tell you) and love for all of you who have done so much for me and have been so supportive and uplifting through this journey. 

http://www.youtube.com/embed/WxIt70j_SPk




Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment