Today has been a hectic day. First water aerobics, then rushed home because I thought the carpet installer would be here at 9:30 or 10:00, but he didn't get here until after 11:00. He got through about 1:30, and I'm thrilled with how it looks. Should have done it years ago.
Putting a room back in order is a job in and of itself. The den and dining room were overflowing with all the stuff from the bedroom and closets. Got most of it put back, although there are a few things still to be put up.
I decided to color my hair one last time before it falls out, so I started that about 3:00, knowing I still had the downstairs (or most of it) to clean, grocery shopping to do, plus a trip to the vet's office to pick up Bo from her bath, and a trip to pharmacy to pick up prescriptions. But first things first, I started the hair coloring job. Just as I got the first color on my hair, the doorbell rang, and it was my precious friend Judy standing there whose first words were, I've come to work." She insisted on cleaning for me. And she did a much better job than I'm sure I would have. Thank you, Judy. You're my angel!
It's nearly 10:00 p.m., just seven hours till I have to be at the hospital. And I still have 125 pages on my job to do. I'm thinking I'll just stay up all night and sleep tomorrow!!! Probably wouldn't sleep tonight if I tried to. I've got to pack a bag and take a bath using that wonderful antiseptic bathwash that the hospital provides (and another bath in the morning at 4:00 a.m.) Fun, fun, fun. Got to cut down on the possibility of infection!!
I am at peace with the surgery and with what will come afterwards. I have absolute confidence in my doctors and faith in God that He will see me through this, along with so many friends and family holding my hands up during this journey.
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment