Thursday, July 14, 2011

MRI Fun

Well, today was the MRI testing.  I've had MRIs before, but this one was definitely different.  You have to lay on your stomach, perfectly still, for about 30 or 35 minutes with your boobs hanging down through these holes in the "bed" and your face smashed into the frame -- can't look to the right or the left, just straight down. No peppy music to listen to -- just the periodic knocking and clanging noises.  It's amazing how slow those 30 minutes seem to crawl by.  Finally, when I had just begun to relax, I hear the nurse's cheerful voice, "you're done,  you did great." 

Afterwards, Jenn and I met Ken at my favorite barbeque joint in B'ham -- the original Full Moon Barbeque on Southside where, thankfully, we had a big lunch.  I say thankfully because when we got home around 3:00, we had obviously had a big rain storm and our power, phone, cable were all out.  Sandwiches and cereal were the choice for supper.  Then off to Wednesday night church services where we had a great lesson on worry taught by Brian Jackson.  So appropros for the situation I find myself in now.  I'm not worried about this "C" diagnosis. As my late niece Lindsey used to say, "It is what it is."  Worry will not change it, nor help the situation.   I know I'm going to be fine.   I don't know where Brian got this quote from, but I liked it and want to remember it, so it's going to be a part of my blog:

"God's shovel is bigger than our bucket."  He can give us so much more than we need.    My bucket is overflowing.  Not only do I feel God's protection, but the love and concern from so many friends and family is humbling. 


Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment