Friday, July 22, 2011

Step One -- Surgery Out of the Way!!

Laying here in my hospital bed at 10:30 p.m. on the  first day of the rest of my life.  Step one is over -- the surgery to remove the Beast.  According to what Dr. Winchester told the family today, my tumor was 2..6 centimeters, slightly larger than indicated on ultrasound and MRI.  Don't know if it had grown half a centimeter since the MRI a week ago or whether the tests weren't accurate as to the size.  I tend to believe it's the latter.

I'm getting sleepy finally, and the morphine shot I got about an hour ago has apparently  kicked in, so if I type something stupid or write something that doesn't make sense, blame the drugs!!

Our day started early this morning.  I worked on a job until 2:00, crawled into bed immediately thereafter for my two-hour power nap before leaving for the hospital at 4:30.  Unfortunately, last night around 3:15 we got a gulley-washer, complete with thunder and lightning, the likes of which we haven't seen in a while.  According to the weathermen today, Trussville got almost 3 inches of rain.  My two hour power nap was shortened to just a little over an hour.

Surgery went well.  Both Dr. Winchester and the pathologist said that my lymph nodes taken out (6, I think) looked good, although we won't know for sure until a day or two.  Hopefully by the time I see her for my follow-up visit next Tuesday, we'll have the final pathology report. 

Off to sleep, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment