Wednesday, July 20, 2011

D-Day Minus 1

This time tomorrow, this beast will be out of me!  I'm praying for little to NO lymph node involvement.  That would be fabulous news!  And also for the tumor to be as small as the MRI indicates it is.

Today is a busy day -- trying to finish up work jobs, I need to clean my house (nothing like waiting till the last minute), buy some groceries to tide us over, and am waiting now for the carpet installer to get here to install the new carpet.  Of course, he's running late.  Oh, and I think I will color my hair one last time.  Might as well since I have it in my stockpile, and, according to Cindy, when your hair grows back in, you can't color it for one year or it will fall out again.  LOL.  Guess this will be my time of transition to totally gray hair.  I always told my kids that I wouldn't let my hair go gray until they were older, and I guess 24 and 21 qualifies as "older."  I'm pretty sure that my hair is about 75% gray now, so it will be interesting to see what it will look like when it comes back. 

Tomorrow begins a new phase in my life, one that I have to admit frightens me, but I am a strong woman and I have an amazing support system around me.  I will beat this beast that's invaded my body.  Beast (I guess that's the nickname I've given it), you will be sorry you picked on me!!



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment