Now I understand totally why people say you CANNOT rest in a hospital. Jenn insisted on staying with me last night and, bless her heart, got very little sleep for the second night in a row. I had great nurses and careworkers at St. Vincents -- maybe too good. They were in and out of my room all night long -- checking vital signs, emptying my drain, checking my blood sugar, drawing blood. I think between 11:00 and 6:00 they must have come in at least 10 to 12 times. Needless to say, Jenn and I just catnapped. I, apparently, was the only patient that my nurse had yesterday and last night. Most of her patients were discharged.
We got home around noon today, and Jenn and I immediately collapsed in our beds. I slept about four hours, and she slept probably 5 1/2 hours.
Several of my "sisters" from Clay brought our supper -- and when I say supper, it was like a Thanksgiving feast. Ham, chicken fingers made from scratch, potato salad, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, sliced tomatoes, cut-up fruit, bread, tea, peach cobbler with ice cream and brownies. We all ate like kings and queens and still have enough left for probably two more meals. Yay for great friends!! Love you all so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment