Today has been a great day -- great football games, cool, crisp weather, and being back at home after a three-day stay in the hospital. I got home yesterday about 3:30, not long after Jenn arrived for the weekend.
My white blood counts rebounded nicely in the hospital from a low of 400 on Tuesday night to a whopping 5,000 yesterday morning, which is the low end of normal WBCs. However, apparently now my hematocrit (red blood cell count) is low (23) which, I guess, qualifies me as being anemic, which explains how tired I'm feeling. Dr. Bondly didn't think I needed any units of blood, however. Hopefully, my RBC will rebound , too, before my next treatment on October 10 (delayed a week because of my hospitalization).
Today was a good day for just sitting around watching great football games. First we watched the Arkansas/Texas A&M game. Was happy to see Arkansas find a way to pull that game out. Then we all watched the Auburn/South Carolina game. Needless to say, there was some whooping and hollering here when the Tigers pulled off the upset. After the win, Jenn went outside and rolled her new Toomer's seedling tree that she had recently won in a lottery sponsored by AU. Of course, the tree cost us $100. She planted it in a pot and plans to take it back to Auburn with her tomorrow. Don't think she trusts us to take proper care of her Toomer's tree while she's away. Here's a picture of her tree, newly decorated with toilet paper that was provided with the tree. LOL.
Then tonight was the featured entertainment of the day -- a Bama victory over the Gators!! Bama is now 5-0. Looking forward to November 5 when we face those other Tiggers in Bryant-Denney (sorry, Bill).
While I am kind of bummed about Treatment 4 being postponed a week and the effect it will have on the future dates for treatments, I am looking forward to hopefully having a good week next week. I certainly have enough around here to catch up on and other responsibilities that I've been pretty lax on lately. I haven't been to Greenbriar to see Mama and Daddy in two and a half weeks -- never been away that long. Hopefully that will change on Monday!!
Tomorrow is the Lord's Day. Looking forward to worshipping God with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Hope you all do, too.
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment