Well, it's officially Day 6 after Chemo #4, and I'm feeling pretty good. Other than a lot of fatigue, I've felt better with this treatment and have had fewer of the yucky side effects. Of course, I'm not to Day 8 and 9 yet, which typically are when my counts are at their lowest. I'm cautiously optimistic that my counts won't drop as low this time!!
Last night Ken and I went to the Hewitt-Trussville/Shades Valley football game -- first game we've gone to this year. Hewitt won by three touchdowns. It was "Pink-Out" night in honor of breast cancer awareness month. We wore pink shirts, and I wore a pink scarf and hat on my bald head. LOL As everyone knows, I love football, especially Bama football. But there is something so pure about high school football -- especially in a small town atmosphere!! It was kind of weird, though, because all the kids looked SO young!! Of course, this group of seniors in high school now were 8th graders the year Jenn graduated, so I guess it's no wonder that they looked young and I recognized very few names of the players!! (Jenn, you are getting old, girl!!!)
This afternoon I went to Sally's Beauty Supply to get another wig head. I washed the wig that I got from the American Cancer Society on Tuesday, and I'm going to try to style it tonight after it dries. If all goes well, I'll try wearing that wig tomorrow to church. I'm hoping that this wig will "fit" my honkin' head better and will enable me to wear a wig for longer periods of time. I love my original wig, especially the color, and will continue to wear it for short periods of time. But hopefully this other wig will work better for those times that I need to wear a wig all day!! We'll see........ In the meantime, I'm still loving all my head covers/doo-rags. I got another scarf in the mail today from my long-time friend Jodi in North Carolina. Love it!!!
Erin ran in the Liz Hurley Breast Cancer 5K Race this morning in Huntsville. She had raised $500 prior to the race -- so proud of her for doing this. She finished in about 27 minutes, I think. That was her goal, and despite feeling like she's coming down with a cold, she accomplished her goal time. This was, I think, her first race since her last cross country meet as a senior in high school in 2004. Way to go, Erin! Your mom is very proud!!
Friday is our Breast Cancer luncheon at my friend/survivor Cindy's office. We're going to "Boil out Breast Cancer" with our Shrimp Boil. Everyone is invited. Free lunch with $15 (or more) donation.
Time to get my houndstooth head covering on again. 40 minutes till game time against those Rebels! Hopefully we'll play four quarters today!!
Roll Tide!!!
Rachel
I looked up my time on the results page, and it was 27:29. Oh well! I was 181st overall, and 7th in my age group.
ReplyDelete