Monday, October 10, 2011

Chemo 4 - Check!!

Chemo #4 is in the history books -- at least for now.  Teresa and Kay "escorted" me to my treatment, but first we made a quick stop for lunch at a new place in town called Sweet Tea.  It's a cafeteria-styled, meat and three type place.  It was delicious.  However, towards the end of my treatment, I began to feel nauseated.  Don't know if it was because of a big lunch beforehand or just due to the drugs.  Probably shouldn't have had that cooked cabbage!!!  We got back to the house around 4:00, and I popped one of my trusty Zofran pills.  The nausea is better now, but I'm feeling totally goofy right now, probably due to a high blood sugar (due to steroids today).  I haven't checked my blood sugar, but I'm guessing it's way on up there. 

Dr. Bondly told me my blood work was good today, so apparently all my counts have rebounded nicely in the last week.  She cut the dose of chemo by 20% to, hopefully, avoid the low counts this time.  We'll see what happens.  I'll just have to check my temperature pretty closely, especially on Day 8, 9 and 10 next week.  LOL. 

Teresa took this picture of me sitting in the chemo chair today.  Normally I hate pictures of myself, but I promised to post this one to my blog for posterity purposes, I guess!  





In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I wore my "Bunch of Boobs" shirt from last year's luncheon and a breast cancer scrub cap on my head.  Pink is not my color, but I make an exception to that rule in October of each year!!!!  The picture looks like I'm waving, but I'm actually holding up four fingers -- signifying this is my fourth treatment.   Halfway done with chemo.  YAY.

Love you all,

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Mom!! I like that shirt...I don't think I've ever seen you wear it. Will y'all wear new shirts for this year's luncheon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Cindy has ordered us new black T-shirts with this really cute saying on it for this year's luncheon!! Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete