Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Plans Foiled Again!!

Well, here it is Day 8 after Treatment #4, and I'm back in the hospital again.  And in the same room as I was in three weeks ago.  How weird is that!  I started running a fever on Sunday evening, felt pretty bad all day yesterday.  I called my oncologist's office midafternoon yesterday, and they called me in an antibiotic and made me an appointment to come in to see her this morning at 9:45.  Trying "reverse psychology", I packed a bag in case Dr. Bondly admitted me to the hospital, thinking for sure that if I planned on being admitted, I wouldn't be.  Well, that backfired.  My white blood count was a mere 600 this time (better than the 400 it was three weeks ago).  So, I'm again in the hospital getting IV antibiotics for two or three days.  Hopefully, I'll be out of here by Friday morning so that I can go to Cindy's Boil out Breast Cancer luncheon on Friday.

Ken and I have a trip planned for Arlington, VA on Sunday and then on to visit his brother Bill and his wife Gale at their new river house on Thursday of next week.   I'm cautiously optimistic that Dr. Bondly will give the okay for the trip.  I'm pretty sure that Monday's scheduled chemo will be postponed until the 31st.  I haven't cancelled my airline tickets yet!!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment