Well, this morning was to have been my first radiation treatment at 9:00 a.m. The home phone rang at 7:50, just after I had gotten out of the bathtub, again carefully washing around my markings. I almost ignored the call because the caller ID said "unknown caller." For some reason, I decided to answer it. My usual practice with these "unknown" calls is to either totally ignore it or, more often, pick the receiver up and immediately slam it back down. LOL Note to all: If you're trying to call me, don't have your caller ID block on, or I might not answer. Haha.
Apparently the radiation machine is down this morning, and they were calling to let me know so that I wouldn't drive down to the cancer center this morning for nothing. They are now trying to "work me in" either this afternoon or tomorrow, supposedly. It's scary to think of just how many people must be going through radiation treatments if I have to be "worked in" rather than just given a specific time to come. I am not going to be a very happy camper if this delay in the start of radiation lasts too many days. As much as I am a procrastinator sometimes, when it comes to my treatments, I am all about staying on schedule, and delays, for whatever reason, aggravate me.
Oh, well, guess I'll do something productive around here. The house is screaming for a good cleaning, but I'm thinking about making some more Toll House chocolate chip cookies for storm survivors/relief workers today. The ones I made on Friday night were surprisingly good. I had not made cookies from scratch in so long that I was not sure how they would turn out. Several of the churches in Clay are asking for individually-packaged desserts. While I cannot physically get out there and physically do much in the way of cleanup, I can cook and provide food for those who are working so hard in the affected areas.
Have a great day.
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment