Saturday, September 3, 2011

One of My Favorite Days of the Year!!

It's finally here -- the first Saturday of a new college football season!  My favorite time of the year.  I love college football, and I love the fall!  Now, if the temperatures would cool off about 20 degrees, I'd be one happy camper. 

I spent the morning cleaning out and rearranging my dresser drawers.  Got rid of old clothes that were either too shabby or, for whatever reason, had just been cluttering up my drawers.  I wanted to designate one drawer solely to my head covers and doo-rags!  Not that I have amassed (yet) enough to completely fill a drawer, but I don't want them getting too wrinkled, like they were when they were stuffed in my closet in a small container. 

Started off the 2011 football season watching the Auburn/Utah State game.  That game certainly started badly for Auburn, and apparently didn't get better until the end (which I missed, of course).  But they pulled out another miracle win.  Alabama's game was a blowout, so I didn't really spend much time on it, just occasionally checking for a score update. 

I had to go to a memorial service for a good friend's husband who passed away on Thursday from pancreatic cancer.  I wore my wig to that and got the approval of my pool buddies.  But by the time I was on my way home, my head was beginning to hurt.  So, as soon as I was safely behind doors, the wig came off.  Another disadvantage of my big Holt head:  wigs are so much harder to find for large heads, selections are so limited.  I went with just an average size cap after trying it on in the store, and it seeming to fit, but, of course, I didn't leave the wig on for an hour in the store.  Hopefully, the wig will stretch out a little over time (at least that's what the salespeople say), but in the meantime, it's going to take some getting used to to be able to wear it for any length of time!!

Erin and Travis used our tickets and went to the Bama game.  They had a great time.  Got back here about 5:00, ate a quick supper with us, gathered up their "furbabies," Gabby and Felix, and left for Huntsville.  We enjoyed having them for a quick visit.  While they were gone to the game today, Ken built a huge scratching post/climbing house for Gabby and Felix.  Can't wait to hear how the kittens like it when they get home!!  Ken's such a good "grandpa!"  This thing is the Cadillac of scratching posts!!  He says when he retires, maybe he'll make these as a hobby.  LOL  Of course, I'm sure by then, I'll have lots of honey-do projects saved up for him. 

Time for the LSU-Oregon game and the Georgia/Boise game.  Got to pull for the SEC teams.  So, go Tigers and 'Dogs!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment