I had the best intentions to get things done today, but instead here I sit at 2:40 in the afternoon having gotten nearly nothing accomplished today. I did go to the pool and do a light workout for an hour this morning. Love being back in the pool. I've got to build up my endurance, though. I haven't tried swimming yet (almost afraid to try, I think), but I seriously doubt I could swim one lap -- much less the 40 or 50 laps I was swimming this time last year. Oh, well.....
My plan for this week was to get an early start on decorating the house for Christmas -- I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. But with chemo next week, I'm afraid I won't feel like dragging all that stuff out on our traditional weekend to decorate, Thanksgiving weekend. After coming home and finishing up some work on the computer, I ate lunch and did a little straightening up in the kitchen before heading to the basement to hunt for Christmas decorations. I was thinking of working on the foyer first but decided, instead, to get out my Fitz & Floyd "pretties" for the baker's rack in the kitchen. I switched out the stuff already on the baker's rack for the Christmas stuff -- and there my decorating for the day came to a grinding halt. The worst part of decorating, in my opinion, is having to drag all that stuff up and down the stairs. My "dream house" of the future is going to have a huge closet on the main level where I can store all my Christmas decorations, including trees already lit and decorated, ready to be slid to their place of honor for the month of December!!!
I know, I know, never will happen, but a girl can wish, can't she?
Today is Ken's mom's 93rd birthday. Ken and I are going over to her house after he gets off work. Margie is, and has always been, a wonderful mother-in-law to me and grandmother to my girls. She is suffering from advanced dementia now and requires a sitter 24/7. I'm so thankful to God for bringing Ken and his sweet family into my life 26 plus years ago. Margie has been a good example of what a mother-in-law should be, supportive but noninterfering, and I've tried to remember that example these last almost four years that Erin and Travis have been married. I'm sure I've failed a few times (sorry, Erin and Travis), but hopefully in time I'll be a model mother-in-law too!
Thank you, Lord, for the good example of family and friends. Now, if I can just learn not to procrastinate. I think I'll go downstairs right now and bring another box of decorations up!! LOL
Love to you all,
Rachel
I think you're an awesome mom and MIL too! :) Don't wear yourself out too much this week...Jenn and I can help you decorate over the next few weeks if you don't feel up to it.
ReplyDeleteHappy 93rd Ms. Cushing!
ReplyDeleteAnd you're allowed a few procrastination moments. You just have to adjust your schedule a little.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
PS. I have the best in-laws on the planet, too!